Sunday, March 24, 2013

39 Weeks

How far along? 39 Weeks--- excuse the pic... I was exhausted... 39 weeks prego... and a bit swollen lol Cheers!
Maternity Clothes? Yes!
Stretch marks? No
Sleep: Eh.... not the greatest but alright!
Best moment this week: We got to hear baby girl's heartbeat a lot this week! (details about this at the bottom)
Have you told family and friends: Yes!
Miss Anything? My body... I am ready to get back to my normal size.

Movement: Yes! Esp when I'm (we, I guess really) are hungry!
Food Cravings: Milkshakes/Ice cream
Anything making you queasy or sick: Nope
Gender prediction: Baby GIRL! <3
Labor Signs: No labor signs.... but labor scare. I will explain at the bottom :-p
Bellyve some moody Button in or out? Poking out a bit now!
Wedding Ring on or off? Off... my Dr suggested I go ahead and take them off to be safe!
Happy or Moody most of the time: Happy! Def have some moody moments.. but hey! I'm 39 weeks prego.. give me a break! lol
Looking forward to: Meeting our baby girl... I think she will be here sooner then her due date.
So.... this Friday was my weekly dr appointment. Colby and I went and I was pretty nervous becaise I knew the dr would "check" me to see if I had dilated anymore. It isn't the greatest experience lol... so I was anxious. The nurse took my blood pressure and it was super high. This is a first... it is always normal. She got another nurse to check it... and it was still high. They kind of started panicking... which really She sent Colby & I into a room and we waited to the other nurse and midwife. She checked my BP again... but on my side. It was still high. I got checked again... and my cerix is still closed. She then told me they were going to send me over to labor and delivery to be monitored because of my high blood pressure. I have always had negative results for pre eclampsia... but they were worried that it could have just now showed up. So... off we went to the hospital. I was monitored for an hour on my side and had a normal BP and another negative test for pre eclampsia. So...  I was told to take it easy and have a follow up appointment on Tuesday at the dr's office. We left... grabbed dinner and went home for the night. All seemed to be well!
Saturday came... after a very long night of not much sleep. I now was worrying about everything because of what happened Friday. But.. I went on about my day. I borrowed my mom's BP machine just to keep my eye on my BP until my appointment Tuesday. It is a good thing because in the afternoon I took it and it seemed a bit high. I waited a little bit... and then took it again and it was high... and then went higher. My anxiety over it probably didn't help... but I tried to relax and lay one my left side. After relaxing... I took it again and it was still high. I called the on call dr... which was Dr. Urban... and she said to wait an hour... take it again. If the bottom number continued to be over 100 then to come in. I waited and... it was still over 100. Off to labor and delivery we went. When we got there the nurse took my BP sitting up (like I took it at home) and it was 180/108!! Yikes! I then got on my left side and was monitored for about 2 hours... and... it went back to normal. SO...... pretty much as long as I lay on my left and relax my BP is normal... but as soon as I start doing anything... it goes really high. Dr. Urban also noticed my legs/ankles/feet. They have been pretty swollen for a few weeks but it has never seemed to be a concern until my high BP. I had blood work done... to again check for anything and pre eclamsia. My blood work came back perfect! :)  She then told me that it was time for me to take my leave from work and be on bed rest until the baby comes. She wants to try to hold off as long as possible because if they have to induce me.... I have a high risk of having a c section because my cervix is still closed. The great news is that the baby is completely perfect :) and doing just fine!!! I just need to relax and PRAY my cervix starts dilating. No matter what... it will all be okay :) I am just hoping to not have a c section. Dr. Uran wants my follow up appointment to be Monday, instead of Tuesday... so after tomorrow... I guess we will see what they say. for now..... I need to just sit back and relax and hope my BP is down when I go to the dr tomorrow. Please keep us in your prayers :)

No comments:

Post a Comment